Image Source: Apple YouTube
Apple Arcade has added yet another intriguing title to its ever-growing range of top-class games for its subscribers.
The, quite frankly, great value for money service already boasts the likes of Overland, Cricket Through the Ages, Mutazione, Oceanhorn 2, and Sneaky Sasquatch, with Ultimate Rivals: The Rink now joining the Apple Arcade platform.
Created by Bit Fry Game Studios, the developers apparently weren’t satisfied with making an ice hockey game filled with the biggest stars of the NHL. So, they went about adding in a bunch of superstar talents from other major sports leagues and teams from across the United States.
This new Apple Arcade gem boasts tremendous appeal to fans of all of the major sports in the USA, and given the gameplay and graphics, it’s clear to see why ice hockey was the sport of choice.
Ultimate Rivals: The Rink joins Apple Arcade
Ultimate Rivals: The Rink features three-on-three ice hockey in neon-lit arenas. You pick a center, winger, and goaltender from a roster of 59 sports stars. Those stars come from the NHL, US Women’s National Team, NFL, MLB, WNBA, and NBA.
The gameplay is fast-paced and exciting, featuring your usual passing and shooting as well as big checks, spin moves, and rapid skating. But don’t let the frantic nature of the game fool you – there is certainly skill required to perfect your play and compete at the highest level.
In Ultimate Rivals: The Rink, the three main game modes are Instant Action, Solo Play, and Online 1v1, with the focus early in the game being on unlocking players so that you can form the best team. Your team building is what will dictate how fluid your team plays and their style of play.
As recorded by Apple Insider, Apple’s SVP of Worldwide Marketing, Phil Schiller, stated that Apple Arcade is “committed to delivering a curated catalogue where every title offers players a new, innovative experience,” claiming that “the Ultimate Rivals’ franchise does just that.”
Ultimate Rivals: The Rink full roster of players
Ultimate Rivals: The Rink features the names and likeness of 59 sports stars. The focus – as it is an ice hockey game – is on NHL players, with one player from each franchise’s current roster represented and ‘The Great One,’ otherwise known as Wayne Gretzky, also present as an unlockable player.
Coming in from the NHL are:
- Wayne Gretzky (Legends)
- Alex Ovechkin (Washington Capitals)
- Brad Marchand (Boston Bruins)
- Mathew Barzal (New York Islanders)
- Ryan O’Reilly (St. Louis Blues)
- Nathan MacKinnon (Colorado Avalanche)
- Sebastian Aho (Carolina Hurricanes)
- Patrik Laine (Winnipeg Jets)
- Sidney Crosby (Pittsburgh Penguins)
- Tyler Seguin (Dallas Stars)
- Clayton Keller (Arizona Coyotes)
- Marc-Andre Fleury (Vegas Golden Knights)
- Connor McDavid (Edmonton Oilers)
- Johnny Gaudreau (Calgary Flames)
- Claude Giroux (Philadelphia Flyers)
- Jack Eichel (Buffalo Sabres)
- Zach Parise (Minnesota Wild)
- Henrik Lundqvist (New York Rangers)
- Carey Price (Montreal Canadiens)
- Auston Matthews (Toronto Maple Leafs)
- Elias Pettersson (Vancouver Canucks)
- Steven Stamkos (Tampa Bay Lightning)
- Aleksander Barkov (Florida Panthers)
- Brent Burns (San Jose Sharks)
- Pekka Rinne (Nashville Predators)
- Cam Fowler (Anaheim Ducks)
- Patrick Kane (Chicago Blackhawks)
- Anze Kopitar (Los Angeles Kings)
- Seth Jones (Columbus Blue Jackets)
- Brady Tkachuk (Ottawa Senators)
- P.K. Subban (New Jersey Devils)
- Dylan Larkin (Detroit Red Wings)
With 32 players coming in from the NHL, 27 others are coming in from the USWNT, NFL, MLB, WNBA, and NBA. These are those players:
USWNT: Megan Rapinoe, Alex Morgan, Carli Lloyd.
NFL: Odell Beckham Jr (Cleveland Browns), J.J. Watt (Houston Texans), Patrick Mahomes (Kansas City Chiefs), Russell Wilson (Seattle Seahawks), JuJu Smith-Schuster (Pittsburgh Steelers), Drew Brees (New Orleans Saints).
MLB: Mookie Betts (Boston Red Sox), Jose Altuve (Houston Astros), Giancarlo Stanton (New York Yankees), Noah Syndergaard (New York Mets), Clayton Kershaw (Los Angeles Dodgers), Justin Turner (Los Angeles Dodgers), Mike Trout (Los Angeles Angels).
WNBA: Diana Taurasi (Phoenix Mercury), Elena Delle Donne (Washington Mystics), Skylar Diggins-Smith (Dallas Wings).
NBA: LeBron James (Los Angeles Lakers), Kawhi Leonard (Los Angeles Clippers), Zion Williamson (New Orleans Pelicans), James Harden (Houston Rockets), Russell Westbrook (Houston Rockets), De’Aaron Fox (Sacramento Kings), Kevin Durant (Brooklyn Nets), Kyrie Irving (Brooklyn Nets).
As you can see, there are plenty of sporting superstars on the Ultimate Rivals: The Rink roster to draw in sports fans from all over to Apple Arcade. It’s yet another great game that continues to hold the Apple Arcade platform as the epitome of mobile gaming.
The next title in the Ultimate Rivals franchise is said to be a basketball-themed game by the name of Ultimate Rivals: The Court. The next game in the franchise is set to launch on Apple Arcade in Spring 2020, but there’s plenty of ice hockey action to be enjoyed before then on Ultimate Rivals: The Rink.
Subscribe to our newsletter for all the latest gaming deals and exclusive offers.