The new console’s system has moved around a few of the functions and controls, so there are plenty of new PS5 owners who are wondering how to turn off the PlayStation 5 console and its controllers.
Switching off the PlayStation 5 via the console’s buttons is easy enough – you just press down the power button – but to do so via your PS5 DualSense controller is a bit different.
Here’s how to turn off the PS5 using a controller:
- Press the PS button on your controller (located between the analogues);
- Go down to the control bar at the bottom of the screen;
- Navigate over to the ‘Power’ button on the right side and press X;
- Select ‘Turn Off PS5.’
Using the directions above, you can also put your PlayStation 5 into Rest Mode or restart the console.
To turn off a PS5 DualSense controller, follow these steps:
- Press the PS button on your controller;
- Move down to the control bar, scroll across to ‘Accessories’ (the controller icon) and press X;
- You’ll see a list of connected accessories, with each controller denoted by a number;
- To turn off a PS5 controller, press X on its ‘Wireless Controller’ icon and select ‘Turn Off.’
So that your PS5 controllers don’t burn out while they’re not being used, you can also set them to turn off after a set period of inactivity automatically.
To do this, go to the ‘Settings’ menu (found in the top right of the PS5 home screen), and then scroll down to ‘Power Saving.’ Next, select ‘Set Time Until Controllers Turn Off’ and tick the box for ‘After 10 minutes.’
The method has changed between the latest two PlayStation consoles, but you can still turn off your PS5 and DualSense controller wirelessly by using the steps above.
*Outsider Gaming may receive a small commission if you click a link from one of our articles onto a retail website and make a purchase. All prices listed were accurate at the time of publishing.