Commencing with an epic montage of the greatest games to be launched on the PlayStation console, Sony’s previously delayed presentation proved to be well worth the wait.
The marathon of a presentation showcased a vast range of games launching over the next couple of years on the PS5, as well as the unveiling of the next-gen console.
Introducing the video, president and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment, Jim Ryan, described the new console as “the biggest generational transition that the industry has yet seen.”
There was a considerable amount announced and detailed throughout the hour-long ‘The Future of Gaming’ video.
So, we’ve got all of the game announcements compiled in a list with their release dates (if mentioned) as well as the major highlights from the PS5 event.
Major highlights from the PS5 – The Future of Gaming Show
There wasn’t a single title that didn’t look intriguing in some way, with all of the footage looking incredible.
What was shown of any gameplay was exciting, and the intro to the video did make a point of saying that all of the game footage was captured on PlayStation 5 systems.
In any case, these are the more major highlights from the PS5 event:
- PS5 owners get GTA Online for free when it the expanded and extended GTA V launches in 2021.
- PlayStation’s Spider-Man game swings onto the new console and is headlined by a new protagonist, star of Into the Spider-Verse and comic hero since 2011, Miles Morales! The game, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, arrives in November 2020 (Holiday 2020).
- Gran Turismo 7: The Real Driving Simulator will be making its return on the PS5, with the campaign mode being touted as very exciting for fans of the series.
- Insomniac has built a brand new Ratchet & Clank game from the ground up to utilise all of the new PS5 features, like ray-tracing and enhanced controller feedback. In Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, you seamlessly fall between densely populated dimensions and worlds.
- The PlayStation 5 features a slick, curved, and dynamic design (as you can see above) as well as a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player, ultra-high-speed SSD, and 3D audio.
- The PS5 controller, the DualSense, has adaptive triggers, haptic feedback, a motion sensor, a USB port, a built-in microphone, an integrated speaker, and a headset jack.
- The new frantic, high-octane, driver battle arena title Destruction AllStars was revealed in a thrilling trailer. Players will compete on foot and in cars, looking to beat up one another.
- Oddworld Inhabitants have returned with a brand new game: Oddworld Soulstorm. In a game where you seek to save your people, Lorne Lanning of the development team says that the rescuing is as rewarding as the failures are devastatingly hilarious.
- Godfall was allowed a good piece of the spotlight, with some cinematics, God of War-esque combat gameplay, and weapon and armour upgrading showcased. At the same time, Ohana Bam’s ‘Make Way for the King’ played, making for an adrenaline-pumping spectacle.
- Hitman III arrives on the PlayStation 5, with a mission in Dubai shown. It marks the end of The World of Assassination trilogy.
- FromSoftware is remaking the classic 2009 game that ushered in the years of frustration caused by the Souls series. Prepare yourself for Demon’s Souls on the PS5.
- Resident Evil: Village lands on the PS5 in 2021, with the ominous line “his story comes to a close.”
- The big one that everyone was waiting for was saved for the end: Horizon Zero Dawn 2 has been announced. In an extensive cinematic trailer for Horizon Forbidden West, Aloy must venture to a new and dangerous frontier while seeking to cure what has plagued her lands. Also, she can explore underwater areas now!
- Among the other game announcements, Project Athia, Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Pragmata, and Little Devil Inside also looked very intriguing.
Every game announced in the PS5 – The Future of Gaming Show
Below, you can find the list of all of the games shown to be coming to the PlayStation 5.
It features the release window – if detailed – the developers or publishers behind the game, and a small screenshot via PlayStation.
|Grand Theft Auto V (Expanded and Enhanced)||2021||Rockstar Games|
|Spider-Man: Miles Morales||November/December 2020||Insomniac Games|
|Gran Turismo 7||Unknown||Polyphony Digital|
|Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart||Unknown||Insomniac Games|
|Project Athia (working title)||Unknown||Luminous Productions / Square Enix|
|Sackboy: A Big Adventure||Unknown||Sumo Digital|
|Kena: Bridge of Spirits||Unknown||Ember Lab|
|Goodbye Volcano High||2021||KO_OP|
|Oddworld Soulstorm||Unknown||Oddworld Inhabitants|
|Ghostwire: Tokyo||2021||Tango Gameworks|
|The Far Shore||November/December 2020||Superbrothers and Pine Scented|
|Godfall||November/December 2020||Counterplay Games|
|Solar Ash||2021||Annapurna Interactive / Heart Machine|
|Hitman III||January 2021||IO Interactive|
|Astro’s Playroom||Unknown||Japan Studio / Team Asobi|
|Little Devil Inside||Unknown||Neostream|
|NBA 2K21||Autumn 2020 (also on PS5)||2K Sports|
|Bugsnax||November/December 2020||Young Horses|
|Demon’s Souls Remake||Unknown||FromSoftware|
|Resident Evil: Village||2021||Capcom|
|Horizon Forbidden West||Unknown||Guerilla|
PlayStation 5 reveals compilation video
At the end of the show, Sony presented this quick sizzle reel to recap all of the action from the previous hour of big announcements.
Subscribe to our newsletter for all the latest gaming deals and exclusive offers.