Ricochet / Wreckochet
Of all of the weapons available to Rivet and Ratchet, the Ricochet is perhaps the most novel, but is still purchased at the Vendor.
By levelling it up, you can unveil more upgrades for the Ricochet, which you can purchase at the green icon on the map. Level it up to Level 5, and the Ricochet will become the Wreckochet.
Ricochet Official Description
“Enemies missing the point? With the Ricochet, you can literally beat them over the head with it again and again and again until they do!”
Wreckochet Official Description
“Fires a projectile that can strike enemies multiple times until it explodes, and damage scales up with successfully-timed hits.”
- Full-pull R2 once to fire a projectile.
- Full-pull R2 again after it has hit and hovers to make it hit the target again.
How to Unlock and Upgrade the Ricochet
You can buy the Ricochet from the Vendor after you’ve progressed enough in the story for it to unlock, which is around the same time as the Topiary Sprinkler and just before the Lightning Rod.
The Ricochet costs just 6,500 bolts and has a total of 35 purchasable upgrades to also get via the Vendor’s storefront.
- Power: 2 out of 5
- Range: 4 out of 5
- Speed: 3 out of 5
- Bludgeoning: 5 out of 5
Ricochet / Wreckochet Upgrades
To unveil all of the 35 upgrades available for the Ricochet, you’ll need to use it and level it up to Level 5, at which point, it’ll become the Wreckochet. You’ll be able to get the gold upgrades if you unlock each blue upgrade surrounding the gold ones.
Blue upgrade tiles:
- Max Ammo x3 (increase max ammo)
- Timing Window x12 (increased timing window for bonus damage)
- Good Timing Damage x12 (bouncing the Ricochet at the right time does additional damage)
- Effect Radius x6 (increase initial splash radius)
Gold upgrade tiles:
- Shakedown x4 (each bounce knocks additional bolts out of each enemy)
- Extra Hits x3 (Ricochet can bounce additional times with each shot)
- Extra Hits x2 (Ricochet can bounce additional times with each shot)
Level 5 Ricochet (Wreckochet)
As the Wreckochet, there are 35 blue upgrades that can be purchased for one Raritanium each, with each upgrade purchase getting it closer to being 100 per cent complete. At this stage, it’ll have full bars for its key parameters: Effect Radius, Timing Window, Max Ammo, Good Timing Damage.
The Ricochet operates differently from most other weapons in Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, with you controlling each projectile after the initial shot. After firing, you then need to press R2 while aiming at a target to get the projectile to fire down again, ricochet back up, and then be ready to shoot down again until it explodes.