While they aren’t among the essential tools used to identify ghosts in Specter, many players seek to use Candles as a light source and to encourage ghostly activity.
Here, you’ll find out how to light Candles in Specter on Roblox, what Candles and Lighters are used for, and where you can acquire the necessary equipment for Candles.
How to light Candles in Specter
To light Candles in Specter, you need to:
- In the Van, turn to the lower shelf on the right (as you’re looking at the board);
- Press F to pick up the Candle and the Lighter;
- In the venue, go to the room that you want to place a Candle in;
- Equip the Candle (1/2/3), and then left-click to place the Candle;
- Equip the Lighter (1/2/3), and then press Q or right-click to spark the Lighter;
- Look down at the Candle with the lit Lighter in hand and press F to light the Candle.
After doing this, the Candle will burn for five minutes, providing the room with a source of light. However, once lit, you cannot move the Candle for those five minutes.
How to get Candles and a Lighter in Specter
To get Candles and a Lighter in Specter, you need to:
- From the Roblox Specter home screen, go to the Item section of the Shop tab;
- Scroll down and pay $30 for a Candle and $25 for a Lighter;
- In the lobby for a new game, select Add, and then add the Lighter and Candles to your loadout.
After completing these steps, you’ll have the two items required to light a Candle in Specter.
In our playthrough, it wasn’t uncommon for the Van’s loadout to not include Candles, the Lighter, or both after we added them to our inventory in the Lobby.
We couldn’t work out why this may have been happening, but if you know why, please leave a comment at the foot of the article.
What are Candles and Lighters used for in Specter?
At the time of writing, Candles are only used to provide a source of light in a dark room. This can come in handy if the ghost keeps on turning off the light switches or the power source.
The light source produced by the Candle will last for five minutes unless the ghost blows out the flame.
Lighters are seemingly only in the game as a means for lighting Candles at this stage, meaning that to light one Candle, you’ll need to pay $30 for a Candle and $25 for a Lighter.
You’ll also find two of your item slots taken up by your desire to set and light a Candle because of the need to have a Lighter.
So, that’s all there is to know to answer any questions of how to light a Candle in Specter.