New information has surfaced surrounding the highly-acclaimed Tony Hawk’s video game series.
Activision officially announced that Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 will be available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X starting 26 March, 2021.
In addition to that, Nintendo Switch users can expect the legendary skateboarding video game series to arrive sometime later in 2021, but a specific date is yet to be confirmed.
Classic skateboarding game continues its legacy on next-gen
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 came out on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC last year with favourable support from the public.
The move proved to be a successful one for the storied series, with the games surpassing one million copies in sales within the first two weeks of its release.
Going forward, we can expect the next-gen edition of the game to provide an even richer gaming experience, with many new upgrades for its users.
Upgraded enhancements, visuals, and more for Pro Skater
To start, Pro Skater 1 and 2 will bring back all of the classic levels from previous renditions of the game. Additionally, players will be able to use all classic pro-skaters and vintage tricks from the original game.
Moreover, players can experience added features, such as new skaters, updated “Create-A-Park” and “Create-A-Skater” editing tools, and a revamped soundtrack featuring 37 brand-new songs.
New next-gen enhancements and features for Pro Skater
Compared to the current-gen version, next-gen offers upgraded enhanced gaming features. In particular, users can expect improvements in visual details, such as shadows, reflections, and character presentation.
According to the PlayStation blog update, other major features includes:
- 120 FPS at 1080p
- Native 4K at 60FPS
- SSD & Immediacy
- Haptic feedback via the DualSense wireless controller
- Spatialised Audio
- High Fidelity Atmospherics
- Activities and Game Help
- Cross-Gen Progression
Next-gen upgrade scenarios for players
Activision broke things down by describing the convoluted range of upgrade scenarios for all users.
In short, per Eurogamer, standard edition owners of the game on current-gen are eligible to upgrade to the Cross-Gen Deluxe Bundle for $10. This will grant users access to all of the next-gen features as well.
Current-gen Digital Deluxe edition owners can download the next-gen upgrade for free. Here is a quick summary of scenarios that may apply to you should you plan on purchasing the game for next-gen.
From PS4 to PS5:
- Digital Deluxe version (PS4) or disc version (PS4) owners are eligible to upgrade to PS5 without an additional cost through the PlayStation Store (upgrade offer will cost 100 Yen in Japan).
- The standard digital edition owners of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 (PS4) will have the option to upgrade to PlayStation 5 through the PlayStation Store.
- PlayStation 4 disc version owners will have the option to upgrade to PlayStation 5 through the PlayStation Store. Players will then use the game disc to download or play the game on PlayStation 5.
From Xbox One to Xbox Series X|S:
- Digital version (Xbox One) or disc version (Xbox One) owners are eligible to upgrade to the Xbox Series X|S version without an additional cost through the Xbox Store.
- The standard digital edition owner of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 (X Box One) will have the option to upgrade to the Xbox Series X|S version through the Xbox Store.
- Note: The upgrade offer is not available with physical versions of the game on Xbox One.
Click the link here for all related details to all regions of players.
Transferring saved game data for Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
In terms of transferring saved game data, both Xbox One and PS4 users are eligible to sync saved game data to their next-gen consoles. Saved game data includes things such as their career progress and Create-A-Park data.
However, the syncing process will only be automatic on Xbox; PS4 users will have to manually upload data to the cloud before downloading it back onto their PS5.
PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S game versions
Users will also have the choice to purchase either the Cross-Gen Deluxe Bundle Edition or the Standard Physical Edition, with each edition offering different benefits.
For example, the Cross-Gen Deluxe Bundle entitles users access to both the current-gen and next-gen versions of the game. Digital Deluxe content includes “The Ripper” skater from Powell-Peralta, unique retro outfits for Tony Hawk, Steve Caballero, and Rodney Mullen, and more.
All in all, March should be an exciting time for the legendary skateboarding video game series.
*Outsider Gaming may receive a small commission if you click a link from one of our articles onto a retail website and make a purchase. All prices listed were accurate at the time of publishing.