Gradually, gamers who want to step into the next generation of gaming are being able to do so, with the PlayStation 5 console intermittently coming back into stock.
To make the step to next-gen gaming easier, Sony have included a way for you to easily transfer all of your game and saved data from your PlayStation 4 to your PlayStation 5.
Here’s how to transfer PS4 games to PS5:
- Plug-in and switch on your TV, PS4, and PS5;
- Connect the PS4 to the TV via a HDMI cable, and do the same with the PS5;
- Go to the home screen of both the PS4 and PS5;
- On the PS4, sign-in with the same account being used on the PS5 and allow system updates;
- Connect the switched-on PS4 to the PS5 console via a LAN cable in the LAN ports;
- On the PS5, from the home screen, go to ‘Settings’ (cog symbol in the top right);
- Go to ‘System,’ ‘System Software,’ ‘Data Transfer,’ and then press ‘Continue’ to search for the PS4;
- When prompted, hold the PS4 power button for one second until it beeps;
- Select the saved data to transfer from the PS4 to the PS5 and then press ‘Next;’
- Select to transfer PS4 games to the PS5 and then press ‘Next;’
- Start the transfer and then wait for your PS5 to automatically restart and finish the transfer;
- Find your transferred PS4 game and saved data on your PS5.
So, before going through the steps for how to transfer PS4 games to PS5, you’ll need the following:
- Three socket spaces
- One TV with two free HDMI ports and two HDMI cables (or be ready to switch the HDMI cable between consoles)
- One LAN cable
- Your PlayStation 4, as well as a synchronised and charged DualShock 4 Controller
- Your PlayStation 5, as well as a synchronised and charged DualSense Controller
- Your PlayStation log-in details
The PlayStation 5 offers complete backwards compatibility with PlayStation 4 software, so you can transfer any of your PS4 games and saves for use on your PS5.
Using this process certainly saves you the time required to install each game individually via discs or your PlayStation Store account.