It is to be noted that the integration of voice chat functionality within the Roblox platform has existed for an appreciable duration, and is not a recent addition. However, in this article, you’ll discover:
- The answer to, “Did Roblox add voice chat today?”
- What is Chat with Voice
- How to enable Chat with Voice
- How you can tell who has Chat with Voice
- How to mute, block, or report abuse for Chat with Voice
- How you can turn off Chat with Voice
What is Chat with Voice
The Chat with Spatial Voice is a novel feature that enables Roblox users to converse in a manner that mimics natural communication in the physical world. Currently, creators have the option to incorporate this technology into their virtual experiences. Only users who have undergone age verification, are aged 13 or older, and have eligible accounts can access this feature by visiting the Settings page and opting-in. Subsequently, they will be able to use Chat with Spatial Voice in any Roblox experience that has integrated support.
How to enable Chat with Voice
Follow these Instructions to activate the Chat with Spatial Voice:
- Access the Account Settings
- Undertake Age Verification
- Navigate to the Privacy Tab
- Switch the Voice Chat selector to the “ON” position
- The selector will change from gray to green, signifying that the Voice Chat feature has been enabled for your account.
How you can tell who has Chat with Voice
Only users who have undergone age verification, are aged 13 years or older, and have eligible accounts will be able to view a microphone icon displayed next to the username and above the avatar of users who have enabled the Voice Chat feature. It is important to note that users cannot determine which individuals have or do not have the “Chat with Spatial Voice” feature enabled.
How you can mute, block, or report abuse for Chat with Voice in Roblox
Whether you want to mute, block, or report a user for abuse, the steps below will help you should each situation arise.
Muting a user’s voice chat
In order to mute another user in a spatial voice chat, it is necessary to click on the microphone icon that appears over their avatar. Please note that the mute function only applies to voice chat and is limited to the current experience session. It does not affect text chat.
Blocking a user
In order to avoid interaction with a specific user in a spatial voice chat, you may opt to block them for both voice and text chat.
How you can turn off Chat with Voice
To turn off the Spatial Voice Chat feature:
- Go to Account Settings
- Choose the Privacy Tab
- Toggle the Voice Chat option to OFF (it will change from green to gray)
- Voice chat will be disabled for your account. You can turn it back on anytime during a chat.
Now that you know how to go about the Chat with Voice feature on Roblox, use it for all of your co-op gaming needs!