Are you a Roblox fan who has been experiencing error code 264? This issue can be frustrating as it prevents you from playing the game. Error code 264 Roblox can occur when you are logged in on multiple devices, or it can be caused by cached data that needs to be cleared.
In this article, you’ll read:
- An overview of error code 264 Roblox
- Potential fixes error code 264 Roblox
- Common mistakes that trigger error code 264 Roblox
What is error code 264?
Error code 264 is a common issue faced by Roblox players. The error message appears as follows:
“Disconnected… Same account launched the game from different devices. Reconnect if you prefer to use this device. (error code: 264).”
This message indicates that you have launched Roblox on another device with the same account, and you need to disconnect from that device to play on the current one.
How to fix error code 264 Roblox
Here are some potential fixes for error code 264 Roblox:
Log out of all Roblox accounts
One of the easiest ways to fix error code 264 Roblox is to log out of all your Roblox accounts on all devices. You can do this by selecting “Settings” on the top right of Roblox and clicking the “Logout” option. Once you’ve logged out of all accounts, try logging back in on the device you want to use.
Clear Roblox’s cache files
Another potential cause of error code 264 Roblox is corrupted cached data. To fix this, you can clear Roblox’s cache files.
- First, press the Windows + X keys to open the Power User menu, then select the “Run” option.
- Type in “%temp%\Roblox” and click “OK” to open the Roblox data folder.
- Select everything by pressing Ctrl+A, then press Shift+Delete to delete the selected data.
- Click “Yes” to confirm the deletion, then log out and back into your Roblox account.
Note: If the Roblox data folder doesn’t open, you can try clearing out the entire Temp folder by entering “%temp%” in Run and deleting everything.
Use CCleaner to clear cached files
If clearing cache files manually seems too complicated, you can use a third-party program like CCleaner to help you out. CCleaner is a free tool that cleans up unnecessary files on your computer, including cached data from Roblox. It is a quick and easy solution that will give you an overview of all the data you can safely delete.
Common mistakes that can trigger error code 264
While playing Roblox, it is essential to avoid some common mistakes that can trigger error code 264. Here are some of the mistakes that users make unknowingly that can cause this error.
- Using Multiple Accounts: Logging into different Roblox accounts on the same device is a common mistake that users make. Roblox prohibits this practice as it can result in error code 264. If you are using different accounts, ensure you log out of all of them except the one you intend to use.
- Network Connection Issues: A poor network connection or low internet speed can cause error code 264 Roblox. If the internet speed is slow, the game may disconnect from the server and result in this error. Make sure you have a stable internet connection and avoid playing Roblox in areas with weak Wi-Fi signals.
- Outdated Roblox Version: Roblox releases updates regularly to improve the game’s performance and fix bugs. Using an outdated version of Roblox may cause error code 264. Always ensure you have the latest version of Roblox to avoid this error.
Error code 264 Roblox can be a frustrating issue for players. However, by following the potential fixes outlined in this article, you should be able to get back into the game. Remember to log out of all accounts, clear cached data, and use a third-party tool like CCleaner to help you out. Don’t let error code 264 hold you back from enjoying Roblox to the fullest.