Learning the spells is one thing, mastering them is another. To become the master wizard in all of Hogwarts, you must first understand the Talents required.
In this guide, you’ll learn:
- Which Talents to pick first
- The level requirement for each talent
Upgrading your Talents in Hogwarts Legacy is one of the most important aspects of combat and gameplay.
For starters, you can actually ignore the Talents menu and play the game without picking any talent upgrade. However, upgrading your Talents will essentially make the combat easier.
Also read: The Hogwarts Legacy: Flying Guide
Hogwarts Legacy Talents List
There are 48 Talents in Hogwarts Legacy, and they’re divided into five categories:
- Dark Arts
- Room of Requirement
These Talents will enhance spells and drastically improve overall combat, contributing to a better gameplay experience.
While it isn’t necessary to upgrade your spells to progress further into the game, some of the Talent upgrades are just too good to miss out on and you’ll have a better time fighting tougher foes with an upgraded arsenal.
Hogwarts Legacy Core Talents
There are a total of 16 Core Talents in Hogwarts Legacy.
Core Talents enhances your basic combat and utility spells. While these talents will not improve your overall damage output and are heavily outclassed by other Talents, they will help you fight better and survive longer in duels and skirmishes, especially in harder difficulties.
At level 5, you will have access to seven Core Talents:
- Ancient Magic Throw Expertise – Catch disarmed weapons and throw them at your enemies.
- Basic Cast Mastery – Using Basic Cast reduces spell cooldowns.
- Protego Absorption – Fills your Ancient Magic Gauge by perfect-blocking with Protego
- Spell Knowledge I – Unlocks one spell set for you to use.
- Spell Knowledge II – Unlocks an additional spell set for you to use.
- Swift – Hold the dodge button to perform a short-distance dash.
- Wiggenweld Potency I – Wiggenweld Potion heals more.
Make sure to get Basic Cast Mastery as soon as possible, as it will allow you to deal damage while your initial spells are on cooldown. Taking Swift will also allow you to travel faster when you don’t have access to your broom or mount yet.
At level 16, you will unlock additional seven Core Talents:
- Basic Cast Airborne Absorption – Attacking airborne enemies fills the Ancient Magic Gauge.
- Evasion Absorption – Dodging unblockable attacks successfully fills the Ancient Magic Gauge.
- Protego Expertise – Perfect Protego blocks send two projectiles to two enemies.
- Revelio Mastery – Increases Revelio’s range.
- Spell Knowledge III – Unlocks additional spell set on top of the unlocked spell sets.
- Stupefy Mastery – Stupefied enemies are stunned longer.
- Wiggenweld Potecy II – Wiggenweld Potion’s heals even greater.
Getting Revelio Mastery isn’t necessary because when you’re not in combat, you can practically spam Revelio.
Finally, at level 22, two additional Core Talens will be unlocked:
- Protego Mastery – Protego can now break Shields.
- Stupefy Expertise – Stupefy now deals direct damage.
Hogwarts Legacy Dark Arts Talents
The Dark Arts Talents in Hogwarts Legacy allows you to upgrade your Damage spells and Unforgivable Curses, making them even more powerful.
There are 10 Dark Arts Talents in Hogwarts Legacy and you can unlock four Dark Arts Talents at Level 5:
- Blood Curse – Attacking a Cursed target will damage other Cursed enemies.
- Disarming Curse – Casting Expelliarmus will inflict Cursed on a target.
- Knockback Curse – Casting Flipendo will inflict Cursed on a target.
- Stunning Curse – Stupefied enemies will also get Cursed.
Make sure to get the Blood Curse when you can as it will allow you to deal damage to other Cursed enemies, regardless of distance.
At level 16, four additional Dark Arts Talents will be available:
- Crucio Mastery – Casting Crucio will inflict Curse toward nearby enemies.
- Enduring Curse – The Cursed status will last longer on enemies affected.
- Imperio Mastery – Enemies under the effects of Imperio will inflict Cursed on their allies.
- Slowing Curse – Arresto Momentum inflicts Cursed to enemies.
Enduring Curse is a must for any build, as it will allow you to kill tougher enemies since Cursed enemies will take more damage.
At level 22, two additional Dark Arts Talents will be available:
- Aveda Kedabra Mastery – Killing an enemy with Aveda Kedabra will kill all Cursed enemies.
- Curse Sapper – Defeating Cursed enemies will restore a portion of your health.
Hogwarts Legacy Room of Requirement Talents
Room of Requirement Talents in Hogwarts Legacy increases the potency of consumables, particularly Potions, making it easier for you to deal with enemies while under the effects of one.
There are a total of eight Room of Requirement Talents and at level 5, you will unlock:
- Edurus Potion Potency – Using Edurus Potion grants you invulnerability and projectile auto-deflection.
- Fertiliser – Throwing a Chinese Chomping Cabbage will summon another one for free.
- Invisibility Potion Potency – Increases the duration of Invisibility Potion.
Edurus Potion Potency is a pretty broken Talent. If you brew enough Edurus Potion, you’re practically in God-mode as you’ll take no damage most of the time.
At level 16, you will unlock two additional Talents:
- Headache – Increases the damage and duration brought by using Mandrakes.
- Maxima Potion Potency – Increases damage and allows your attacks to break Shields.
Finally, at level 22, you will unlock three additional Room of Requirement Talents:
- Focus Potion Potency – Using any spell from spell sets will extend the Focus Potion’s duration.
- Noxious – Increases the damage of Venomous Tentacula and the ability to break Shields.
- Thunderbrew Potency – Increases the damage and range of Thunderbrew Potion.
It is not mandatory, but taking Focus Potion Potency will allow you to spell-chain more without waiting too much for cooldowns.
Hogwarts Legacy Spells Talents
Spells Talents in Hogwarts Legacy are direct upgrades to your offensive, defensive, and utility spells. There are a total of 10 Spells Talent in the game.
At level 5, you will have access to six Spells Talents:
- Accio Mastery – Accio has a small radius effect, pulling enemies near the original Accio target toward you.
- Confringo Mastery – Confringo is now a heat-seeking bolt, attacking two enemies after the first bolt hit.
- Depulso Mastery – Depulso is now an area-of-effect spell.
- Diffindo Mastery – Diffindo can now slice through enemies and damage enemies behind each other.
- Incendio Mastery – Casting Incendio produces a ring of flame around you.
- Levioso Mastery – You can now levitate nearby enemies affected by the original Levioso target.
At level 16, you unlock additional three Spells Talents:
- Bombarda Mastery – Upgrades Bombarda into an AoE spell.
- Descendo Mastery – Hitting enemies with Descendo creates a shockwave that can damage and stagger nearby enemies.
- Glacius Mastery – Attacking frozen enemies will create a blast of ice.
Finally, at level 22, you will unlock one more Spells Talent:
- Transformation Mastery – Transformed enemies become explosive barrels.
Hogwarts Legacy Stealth Talents
Stealth Talents in Hogwarts Legacy are essentially buff for your stealth-oriented spells. While they are not necessary for lower difficulties, upgrading them may be beneficial at higher levels or if you’re looking for a stealth-heavy gameplay.
There are a total of four Stealth Talents in Hogwarts Legacy and at level 4, you will have access to:
- Sense of Secrecy I – Upgrades Disillusionment, making it harder for enemies to detect your presence.
- Human Demiguise – You can now sprint while under the effects of Disillusionment.
At level 16, you will unlock:
- Sense of Secrecy II – Upgrades Disillusionment even further, making it more difficult for enemies to detect your presence.
Finally, at level 22, you will unlock:
- Petrificus Totalus Mastery – Casting Petrificus Totalus can now affect nearby enemies.
Upgrading these Talent Trees is probably the last thing you’ll do because Hogwarts Legacy isn’t necessarily a stealth game and there are only a couple of sections in the game where stealth is required.
On higher difficulties, stealth is almost always an option as enemies will also deal higher damage, and it’s almost certain for them to one-shot you.
Now that you’ve learned all the necessary info for this Hogwarts Legacy Talents Guide, you’re one step closer to becoming the most powerful wizard of all time.
This post is also available in: