Mario Golf: Super Rush offers in-depth golf and frantic versus play all rolled into one, and so, there are plenty of controls to learn to master the game.
Here, you’ll find all of the button controls and motions controls for Super Rush, as well as some other settings and motion controls gameplay tips.
|Mario Golf Super Rush Controls|
|Action||Handheld / Pro Controller Controls||Joy-Con Controls|
|Aim Shot||(L) right/left||Analogue right/left|
|Change Club||(L) up/down||Analogue up/down|
|Show Range Finder||R, (L) to move target||SR, Analogue to move target|
|Set Shot Power||A||Right|
|Standard Shot||A (backswing), A (set power)||Right (backswing), Right (set power)|
|Topspin Shot||A (backswing), A, A (give topspin)||Right (backswing), Right, Right (give topspin)|
|Backspin Shot||A (backswing), B (give backspin)||Right (backswing), Down (give backspin)|
|Super Backspin Shot||A (backswing), B, B (give super backspin)||Right (backswing), Down, Down (give super backspin)|
|Curve Shot Left||Pull (L) left after setting shot power or spin||Pull Analogue left after setting shot power or spin|
|Curve Shot Right||Pull (L) right after setting shot power or spin||Pull Analogue right after setting shot power or spin|
|Low Shot||Pull (L) down after setting shot power or spin||Pull Analogue down after setting shot power or spin|
|High Shot||Push (L) up after setting shot power or spin||Push Analogue up after setting shot power or spin|
|Special Shot||L, A, A/B (standard shot or spin shot)||SL, Right, Right/Down (standard shot or spin shot)|
|Dash||(L) + B||Analogue + Down|
|Select Putt Shot Type||Y||Left|
|Tap In Putt||A||Right|
|Half Shot with a Wedge||Y||Left|
In the Mario Golf: Super Rush button controls above, the left analogue is shown as (L), while the buttons on either Joy-Con are shown as Up, Right, Down, and Left to cover both sided controllers.
Mario Golf: Super Rush motion controls
|Mario Golf Super Rush Motion Controls|
|Action||Switch Motion Controls|
|Aim Shot||Analogue right/left|
|Change Club||Analogue up/down|
|Practice Shot||L / R|
|Show Range Finder||Left|
|Align Clubface||Turn Joy-Con|
|Ready Shot||Move club to ball, character will turn opaque|
|Start Shot||SL / SR (hold), swing back|
|Set Shot Power||SL / SR (hold), swing through|
|Standard Shot||SL / SR (hold), swing back, swing through|
|Curve Shot Left||SL / SR (hold), swing back, swing through, tilt controller left|
|Curve Shot Right||SL / SR (hold), swing back, swing through, tilt controller right|
|Low Shot||SL / SR (hold), swing back, swing through at a downward angle|
|High Shot||SL / SR (hold), swing back, scoop upwards on the swing through|
|Special Shot||L / R, perform the shot|
|Special Dash||L / R|
|Select Shot Type||Analogue up/down|
|Pause Menu||+ / –|
Where there are two button options above, such as SL / SR or L / R, the button input will depend on the sidedness of your Joy-Con, but on either one, the button will be in the same place.
How to use the motion controls for Mario Golf: Super Rush
It’s not easy to get to grips with the Mario Golf: Super Rush motion controls, but here are some fundamental aspects to keep in mind:
- The game says to stand face-on to the screen, but standing side-on to the Switch console works.
- Hold the Joy-Con in your hand so that your thumb is on the SR button, with a face panel (back or buttons side) showing towards the Switch console – if side-on.
- Use the analogue stick to line the direction of your shot.
- Bring the on-screen club up to touch the ball so that the character turns opaque, allowing you to swing.
- When you’re ready to swing, hold down SR, line up with the ball from the top-down view, and then swing back and through the ball.
- If you want to take a practice shot, hold L or R and go through the motions of taking a regular shot. After swinging the practice shot, hold still at the end of your swing to keep the trajectory on-screen.
- To curve your shot while using motion controls, tilt the controller left or right after setting the power of the swing.
- To hit a low shot while using motion controls, swing at a downward angle.
- To hit a high shot while using motion controls, swing as if scoping upward.
- When you have a tap-in shot on the green, hold SR and then flick your wrist.
The Mario Golf: Super Rush motion controls and button controls offer players a great range of options on the course, so be sure to try them both out to see which one you find more enjoyable.
Here are some quick-fire answers to some more questions about the Mario Golf: Super Rush controls and settings.
How do you change the handedness on Mario Golf: Super Rush?
To change the handedness on Mario Golf: Super Rush, you need to:
- Select Options from the main menu of the game;
- Scroll down to ‘Settings for Golf Adventure and P1 controller;’
- Hover over the ‘Handedness’ option;
- Move right or left with the analogue or d-pad buttons to change the handedness.
How do you change the unit of measurement in Mario Golf: Super Rush?
If you want to change the distance and wind speed shown from metres to feet, yards, and miles, you need to:
- Go to the Options page from the game’s main menu;
- Scroll down to the options for Distance, Putter, Elevation, and Wind
- Use the analogue or d-pad to move left or right to change the units of measurement.
Subscribe to our newsletter for all the latest gaming deals and exclusive offers.