Each time that you reach a new milestone in the Pokémon Legends: Arceus story, more Requests will become available in the Village. One such mission, Request 20, sends you out into the wild to eventually encounter a Chimchar.
So, here’s how you can discover where Chimchar is in Legends Arceus by completing The Mysterious Will-o’-the-Wisp Request.
How to unlock The Mysterious Will-o’-the-Wisp Request
To unlock Request 20, which lets you find and catch Chimchar in Legends Arceus, you need to progress through the main Missions and complete Mission 7: The Frenzy of the Lord of the Woods.
Once you’ve returned to the Village after Mission 7, you’ll encounter Volo and then spot several more Requests around the Village. You will find The Mysterious Will-o’-the-Wisp Request across the river from Galaxy Hall, by the house opposite the Pastures.
Here, you’ll meet a woman in a pink kimono, Paira, who asks you to go and investigate a will-o’-the-wisp that appears at night in the Windswept Run.
How to complete Request 20, The Mysterious Will-o’-the-Wisp
To complete Request 20 in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, you need to:
- Press – to open your Map and then Y to open Missions & Requests;
- Tap R to see the Requests, find Request 20, and press A to Turn On Guidance;
- Go to the Front Gate and travel to the Heights Camp of Obsidian Fieldlands;
- Approach the tent and press A to Rest and then select Until Nightfall;
- Head southwest towards The Mysterious Will-o’-the-Wisp Request marker near Windswept Run;
- When you get to the marked tree, approach its platform;
- Press A to Investigate and trigger the Chimchar encounter;
- Use Poké Balls or, even better, Great Balls to catch Chimchar in Legends Arceus;
- With Chimchar caught, return to Paira in the Village;
- Press A to talk to Paira and show her your Chimchar (you will get it back afterwards);
- Go to the Pastures to see your Chimchar and add it to your team.
Before setting off on completing Request 20 in Legends Arceus, you’ll want to load up on Great Balls and have a sturdy Pokémon that can absorb Normal and Fire-type attacks from a Level 12 Chimchar while you try to catch the Chimchar.
Where to find Chimchar in Pokémon Legends: Arceus
You can find Chimchar in Pokémon Legends: Arceus by triggering Request 20, The Mysterious Will-o’-the-Wisp, and completing the task near Windswept Run. You can unlock this Request by talking to Paira in the Village after completing Mission 7.
When you have the Request, set Guidance for it within your Map, follow the marker, and then investigate the marked tree. A Chimchar will then appear, which you need to catch to complete Request 20.
Rewards for completing Request 20 in Pokémon Legends: Arceus
After returning to Paira and showing her your Chimchar, you’ll be rewarded with Exp. Candy S and Request 20 being marked as ‘Complete’ in your log. Of course, the greatest reward for completing The Mysterious Will-o’-the-Wisp is actually finding out where Chimchar is and catching Chimchar in Legends Arceus.
Now you know exactly how to complete Request 20 and where to find Chimchar in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. So, you’ll get to add a beloved Generation IV starter to your team.
Leave a Reply