- 1 Second Extinction controls list for Xbox controllers
- 2 How to change controller sensitivity on Second Extinction
- 3 How to invert the controller Y-axis on Second Extinction
- 4 Second Extinction FAQ
Second Extinction has been available through Steam’s Early Access program since October last year, but finally made its way onto Xbox consoles in April 2021.
Arriving as a ‘Game Preview’ on the Xbox One, and being enhanced for the Xbox Series X|S, players can already get started trying to reclaim earth from the prehistoric monstrosities that now inhabit the planet.
Here are the Second Extinction controls that you’ll need to know to get started in Xbox’s console exclusive first-person shooter that’s filled with mutated dinosaurs.
- 1. Second Extinction controls list for Xbox controllers
- 2. How to change controller sensitivity on Second Extinction
- 3. How to invert the controller Y-axis on Second Extinction
- 4. Second Extinction FAQ
In this Second Extinction controls guide, the left and right analogue are listed as (L) and (R), the buttons activated when pressing the analogues are shown as L3 and R3, and Up, Down, Left, and Right denote the d-pad buttons.
Second Extinction controls list for Xbox controllers
As an FPS, the Second Extinction controls tend to adhere to the usual set-up on the Xbox controller, but you’ll want to keep note of the evasion and ability controls in particular.
|Action||Xbox One / Series X|S Controls|
|Interact / Take / Place||X|
|Climb||(L) towards ledge, A|
|Evade||(L) sideways or backwards + A|
|Slide||L3, (L) forwards, B to slide|
|Aim Down Sight||LT|
|Grenade||Left to grab, RT to throw (or Left, Left to quick throw)|
|Special Ability||LB + RB (tap)|
|Use Health Stim (Heal)||Down|
|Call Supply Drop||Right to activate, RT to call|
|Call Mission Payload||Up to activate, RT to call|
|Cancel Grenade, Supply, or Mission Payload||Press the same button used to activate|
|Mark Location in Sight||RB (tap)|
|Revive Self (when downed)||X (hold)|
|Give Up (when downed)||B (hold)|
|Bring up Callout/Emotes/Responses Wheel||RB (hold), RT/LT/(R) to navigate|
How to change controller sensitivity on Second Extinction
To change the controller sensitivity on Second Extinction on the Xbox, you need to:
- Press the Menu button to open the Options screen;
- Press LB to swap tabs to ‘Settings;’
- Navigate to the ‘Controller’ tab and scroll down to the controller sensitivity options;
- Press A to select the X-axis or Y-axis sensitivity option;
- Use the analogue to move the slider and increase or decrease the sensitivity.
How to invert the controller Y-axis on Second Extinction
To invert the Y-axis on your Xbox controller, you need to:
- Press Menu on the controller;
- Go to the ‘Settings’ tab by pressing RB or LB;
- Go to the ‘Controller’ tab by pressing RT or LT;
- Scroll down to ‘Inverted Controller Y Axis’ and select either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ by pressing A.
Those are the core Second Extinction controls that you need to know to shoot your way through waves of mutated dinosaurs with an Xbox controller to hand.
Second Extinction FAQ
Here are the answers to a few common questions about the Second Extinction controls.
How do you slide on Second Extinction?
To slide on Second Extinction, run forward by using the left analogue and pressing L3, and then press B to perform the slide move.
How do you evade on Second Extinction?
To evade on Second Extinction, move your character left, right, or backwards by using the left analogue, and then tap A while moving to dodge in that direction.
How do you zoom in on the Second Extinction map?
You can navigate the Second Extinction map by using the right analogue to zoom in and out, the left analogue to move the cursor, and A to select a respawn location or mark a target.
How do you use communications on Second Extinction?
To use communications, hold RB to bring up the communication wheel. Keep holding RB down while pressing RT or LT to navigate between the ‘Responses,’ ‘Callouts,’ and ‘Emotes,’ tabs, and then drag the right analogue to highlight your communication of choice. Release RB to use the communication.