Perhaps you’re bringing your account over from an Xbox One, or just don’t like the Gamerpic that you selected for your new Xbox Series X or S profile.
In any case, you have an ocean of profile pictures to choose from on the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. At any time, for free, you can pick one of the 496 stock Gamerpics or create your own.
To change your profile picture (Gamerpic) on Xbox:
- Go to the Home screen of the console – if in an app, press the Xbox button on the controller and then select ‘Home;’
- Navigate to the top left and select your profile icon;
- Select ‘My profile’ from the next window;
- On the profile page, stay on the ‘Welcome’ tab and pick the ‘Customise profile’ option;
- On the right side, you can then select ‘Change gamerpic;’
- Here, you can pick from any of the 496 stock profile pictures or choose the ‘Upload a custom image’ from the top right of the ‘Choose your gamerpic’ screen.
Among the stock Gamerpic profile images available, you’ll find pictures of characters from Banjo-Kazooie, Gears of War, Borderlands, Battletoads, Halo, Tomb Raider, Minecraft, and more.
How to make a custom profile picture on Xbox Series X and S
To create your own Gamerpic for your Xbox Series X|S profile, follow these simple steps:
- On a computer, find the image that you want as your profile picture and save it to a storage device that can connect to the USB port on the front of the console;
- The image has to be at least 1080px wide and 1080px high to be used as a custom Gamerpic.
- Insert the device into the USB port on the Xbox Series X or S and then go to the Home screen of the console;
- A small box will appear at the bottom of the screen to indicate that the device is ready for use if it’s compatible with the console.
- Navigate to the top left of the screen, select your profile picture icon, and click on ‘My profile’ from the pop-up window;
- From the ‘Welcome’ tab of your profile page, move down to ‘Customise profile’ and then select ‘Change gamerpic;’
- Go to the top right of the ‘Choose your gamerpic’ page to select ‘Upload a custom image;’
- You’ll then see a file navigation window. Scroll down the left side to your USB-connected device and find your preferred custom profile picture image.
- If the image is 1080x1080px, you’ll be taken to the custom Gamerpic screen to select the element of the picture to use.
- Use RT to zoom in, LT to zoom out, the right analogue to move the image, and R3 to reset the image.
- Move to the right side and select ‘Upload’ to set the new image as your custom profile picture.
It may take a second for the changes to stick, but after your press ‘Upload’ from the custom Gamerpic screen, that custom image will become your Xbox Series X|S profile picture.
Now you know how to change your Gamerpic to just about any stock or custom Xbox Series X or S profile picture.