Perhaps you’re bringing your account over from an Xbox One, or just don’t like the Gamerpic that you selected for your new Xbox Series X or S profile.
In any case, you have an ocean of profile pictures to choose from on the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. At any time, for free, you can pick one of the 496 stock Gamerpics or create your own.
To change your profile picture (Gamerpic) on the Xbox Series X|S:
- Go to the Home screen of the console – if in an app, press the Xbox button on the controller and then select ‘Home;’
- Navigate to the top left and select your profile icon;
- Select ‘My profile’ from the next window;
- On the profile page, stay on the ‘Welcome’ tab and pick the ‘Customise profile’ option;
- On the right side, you can then select ‘Change gamerpic;’
- Here, you can pick from any of the 496 stock profile pictures or choose the ‘Upload a custom image’ from the top right of the ‘Choose your gamerpic’ screen.
Among the stock Gamerpic profile images available, you’ll find pictures of characters from Banjo-Kazooie, Gears of War, Borderlands, Battletoads, Halo, Tomb Raider, Minecraft, and more.
How to make a custom profile picture on Xbox Series X and S
To create your own Gamerpic for your Xbox Series X|S profile, follow these simple steps:
- On a computer, find the image that you want as your profile picture and save it to a storage device that can connect to the USB port on the front of the console;
- The image has to be at least 1080px wide and 1080px high to be used as a custom Gamerpic.
- Insert the device into the USB port on the Xbox Series X or S and then go to the Home screen of the console;
- A small box will appear at the bottom of the screen to indicate that the device is ready for use if it’s compatible with the console.
- Navigate to the top left of the screen, select your profile picture icon, and click on ‘My profile’ from the pop-up window;
- From the ‘Welcome’ tab of your profile page, move down to ‘Customise profile’ and then select ‘Change gamerpic;’
- Go to the top right of the ‘Choose your gamerpic’ page to select ‘Upload a custom image;’
- You’ll then see a file navigation window. Scroll down the left side to your USB-connected device and find your preferred custom profile picture image.
- If the image is 1080x1080px, you’ll be taken to the custom Gamerpic screen to select the element of the picture to use.
- Use RT to zoom in, LT to zoom out, the right analogue to move the image, and R3 to reset the image.
- Move to the right side and select ‘Upload’ to set the new image as your custom profile picture.
It may take a second for the changes to stick, but after your press ‘Upload’ from the custom Gamerpic screen, that custom image will become your Xbox Series X|S profile picture.
Now you know how to change your Gamerpic to just about any stock or custom Xbox Series X or S profile picture.