This is a versatile, offensive-minded build with the ability to score in multiple ways. Additionally, it excels on the defensive end of the floor and has the ability to lockdown high-octane guards. In terms of NBA player comparisons, think of Jaylen Brown and Richard Hamilton as inspirations for this top build.
Here, we will show you exactly how to create one of the best two-way balanced SGs in NBA 2K22.
Key points of the build
- Position: Shooting Guard
- Height, Weight, Wingspan: 6’5’’, 205lbs, 7’1’’
- Takeover: Limitless Range, Easy Blowbys
- Best Attributes: Driving Dunk (92), Speed (89), Stamina (87)
- NBA Player Comparison: Jaylen Brown, Richard Hamilton
What you’ll get from the Two-Way Balanced Scorer SG build
Overall, this is a well-round guard build with a rather versatile skillset. With the ability to score from pretty much anywhere on the floor, it can be used as the team’s main offensive option.
At the same time, it has the physical attributes to defend multiple positions, from point guard to small forward.
In terms of playstyle, this build best suits those who want to take on the role of their team’s best offensive player. This build can also be assigned to guard the opposing team’s top players.
The Two-Way Balanced Scorer works exceptionally well for those that want to play the majority of their games in the Park as it excels in a fast-paced, high-tempo environment.
In terms of weaknesses, this build isn’t an elite ball-handler or passer. However, if called upon, it still has above-average skills in those areas to do the job. Due to the badge layout, the free-throw shooting is rather low, so this build is best used for Park games instead of Rec or Pro-Am games, where free-throw opportunities aren’t present.
Two-Way Balanced Scorer build body settings
- Height: 6’5”
- Weight: 205 lbs
- Wingspan: 7’1’’
Set the potential for your Two-Way Balanced Scorer build
Finishing skills to prioritize:
- Post Control: Max out at 79
- Driving Layup: Set to at least 84
- Driving Dunk: Set to over 90
By prioritizing your skill points to these three finishing skills, your player will have access to 21 finishing badges, including seven at the Hall of Fame level. Once fully upgraded, this build qualifies as an elite finisher at the rack for its height and starting position.
Shooting skills to prioritize:
- Three-point shot: Max out at 82
- Mid-range shot: Set to at least 80
By maximizing your player’s three-point shot, it will qualify for a generous 25 shooting badges in NBA 2K22. At this threshold, your build has access to every shooting badge in the game, along with a grand total of ten badges at the Gold level or higher. With the right badges equipped, your build should have very few problems when it comes to scoring from distance consistently.
Secondary skills to boost:
Defense/rebounding skills to prioritize:
- Defensive Rebounding: Set to at least 67
- Block: Max out at 71
- Perimeter defense: Set to at least 78
- Steal: Aim for above 75
Even though defense and rebounding are only secondary skills for this build, the suggested ratings above give this build access to 16 of the 18 defensive badges available for a guard, including Pick Pocket, Ball Stripper, Menace, and Intimidator all on Silver.
Overall, these attributes give your build enough ability to be an above-average defender for a combo shooting guard.
- Ball Handle: Aim for at least 80
- Speed with Ball: Aim for at least 82
With the suggested ratings above, there will be a total of 21 playmaking badges for your SG build. It also has access to a few of the most important badges on NBA 2K22, including: Glue Hands, Tight Handles, and Unpluckable.
Two-Way Balanced Scorer build physicals
- Speed: Max out
- Acceleration: Max out
In addition to its scoring ability, speed and acceleration are other key attributes that separate this build from many offensive guards in NBA 2K22.
Boasting 89 speed and 87 acceleration, you will often find yourself as one of the faster players on the court. Add that to 87 stamina, and this build will consistently outpace its opponents – especially later in the game.
Two-Way Balanced Scorer build Takeovers
This build gives you the option to equip a wide range of offensive Takeovers with 12 different options in the game. At the end of the day, it depends on your personal preference as to which two best fit your playstyle.
However, if you are undecided, two of the best Takeovers to equip for this particular build are Limitless Range and Easy Blowbys. This combination will go a long way towards helping your build become a well-balanced scorer from pretty much anywhere on the floor.
Best badges for the Two-Way Balanced Scorer
Offense and scoring is the primary attribute for this archetype. At the same time, equipping the right badges can help this build become a rather decent defender and playmaker as well.
To give this build the best chance to excel in the different facets of NBA 2K22, here are the best badges that you should equip:
Best shooting badges to equip
- Sniper: Jump shots taken with slightly early or late timing will receive a boost, while very early or late shots will receive a larger penalty.
- Fade Ace: A shot boost to post fadeaways taken from any distance.
- Limitless Spot-Up: Gives a boost to the range that a player can effectively shoot standing three-point shots.
- Difficult Shots: High-difficulty jumpers such as hop steps, spins, stepbacks, and pull-ups receive a shot percentage boost from mid-range.
Best finishing badges to equip
- Slithery Finisher: Increases a player’s ability to slide through traffic and avoid contact during gathers and finishes at the rim.
- Giant Slayer: Boosts the shot percentage for a layup attempt when mismatched against a taller defender and reduces the possibility of getting blocked.
- Acrobat: Spin, half-spin, hop step, Euro-step, cradle, reverse, and change shot layup attempts receive a significant boost. Additionally, the ability to beat defenders with these gathers is improved.
Best defense and rebounding badges to equip
- Clamps: Defenders have access to quicker cut-off moves and are more successful when bumping or hip-riding the ball handler.
- Off-Ball Pest: Makes players more difficult to get past when playing off-ball as they can grab and hold their matchup and don’t get their ankles broken as often.
- Pick Pocket: Increases the chances of a steal and reduces the chances of a foul when attempting to strip the ball from a ball-handler. It also improves the chances of a successful layup strip.
Best playmaking badges to equip
- Glue Hands: Reduces the chances of an errant pass while improving the ability to both catch tough passes and quickly make the next move.
- Tight Handles: Increases a player’s ball-handling ability in size-up situations, making it easier to break down the on-ball defender.
- Hyperdrive: Increases the speed at which a player can perform dribble moves as the attack down the court.
Your Two-Way Balanced Scorer build
The Two-Way Balanced Scorer build is a well-balanced archetype with elite offensive ability.
If you like to impact the game offensively and be the go-to-scoring option, this is an excellent build for you. Furthermore, it has the versatility to guard multiple positions consistently.
To make the most of this build, it’s best to use it in Park games on a team that’s looking for a versatile combo guard that can play an up-tempo game. If used correctly, you can often be the most offensively versatile guard on the floor.
Once fully upgraded, this build best resembles the likes of Jaylen Brown and Richard Hamilton and can be counted upon as the team’s best offensive option.
Congratulations, you now know how to create the most balanced two-way scorer build in NBA 2K22!