This is a dominant power forward with the ability to consistently posterize opponents at the rim. Its exceptional dunking and finishing ability make it one of the most intimidating builds to play against on NBA 2K22.
Additionally, it excels on the defensive end of the floor, with elite rebounding and interior defense, and can be counted on as a defensive catalyst.
In terms of NBA player comparison, think Zion Williamson and Dennis Rodman.
Here, we will show you exactly how to create the best PF build 2k22.
Key points of the build
- Position: Power Forward
- Height, Weight, Wingspan: 6’7’’, 275lbs, 7’1’’
- Takeover: Finishing Moves, Easy Blowbys
- Best Attributes: Driving Dunk (99), Close Shot (99), Rebounding (94)
- NBA Player Comparison: Zion Williamson, Dennis Rodman
What you’ll get from the Dunking Power Forward
Overall, this is a perfect build for those looking to consistently posterize opponents at the basket. With a driving dunk (99) and close shot (99), this build will be a nightmare to stop for most paint defenders in the game.
Defensively, its high rebounding (94) and interior defense (87) make this build an excellent defender for teams looking for a big one that can protect the rim.
In terms of playstyle, it is best suited for those who want to take on the role of a rim runner on a high-tempo offensive team. This build works extremely well with pass-first guards always looking for lob passes and alley-oop plays.
In terms of versatility, this build can dominate in most 2v2, 3,3 park competitions and is an extremely useful forward in most Pro-Am lineups.
In terms of weaknesses, shooting is not this build’s forte. However, with a 68 mid-range shot, it can still hit open shots at an above-average rate. Just bear in mind that one shouldn’t expect this build to excel in a spot-up shooter role.
Dunking Power Forward build body settings
- Height: 6’7”
- Weight: 275 lbs
- Wingspan: 7’1″
Set the potential for your Dunking Power Forward
Finishing skills to prioritize:
- Close Shot: Set to over 99
- Driving Dunk: Set to 99
By prioritizing your skill points to driving dunk and close shot, your player will have access to 33 finishing badge points, including an impressive 17 at the Hall of Fame level.
With this setup, your build will have little to no problem scoring at the basket. Once equipped with dunk packages, you can also expect your build to constantly perform posterizing dunks in any game modes you play in.
Defense/rebounding skills to prioritize:
- Offensive Rebound: Max out at 94
- Defensive Rebound: Max out at 94
Despite being an elite dunker, defense and rebounding are a second primary skill for this build. The suggested ratings above along with maxed-out ratings in block and interior defense will give this build access to 27 defensive badges.
Overall, having access to important defensive badges such as Rebound Chaser, Intimidator, and Defensive Leader at the gold level will help make this player an excellent interior defender.
Secondary skills to boost:
Below are the are the best secondary skills to boost.
- Ball Handle: Max out at 83
- Speed with Ball: Max out at 69
By following the suggested thresholds above, your power forward will have access to 15 potential badge points, which is quite generous since this category is only a secondary skill.
This includes six playmaking badges at the gold level and three more at silver.
Although this build should not be your team’s primary ball-handler, it still has above-average playmaking skills as a power forward and can make plays in the post.
Shooting skills to prioritize:
- Mid-range shot: set to around 68
As this is primarily a finishing and defensive build, shooting shouldn’t be the main priority when allocating attribute points. Setting the mid-range to around 68 should be good enough to make this build a reliable shooter just outside the basket.
As you will see, it is more worthwhile to save the attribute points to other more relevant categories such as physicals in the section below.
Dunking Power Forward build physicals
- Vertical: Max out at 99
- Speed and Acceleration: Max out
- Strength: Max out at 88
To get the most out of this build, the key physical attributes to upgrade are vertical, speed, acceleration, and strength. As a power forward with elite finishing ability, having above-average speed and vertical should help further solidify the build’s core strengths.
Meanwhile, an 88 strength should go a long way in helping this build be a dominant force near the basket on both ends of the floor.
Dunking Power Forward build takeovers
This build gives you the option to equip eight different takeovers. To make this build be as dominant as possible, it is highly recommended that you choose Finishing Moves and Easy Blowbys as your two takeovers.
Given that this build is an elite dunker, its main priority should be to equip it with takeovers that boost its finishing ability. As a result, Finishing Moves and Easy Blowbys are the best takeovers to accommodate your player’s strengths.
Best badges for the Dunking Power Forward
Finishing and defense are the primary attributes of this archetype. Therefore, equipping the right badges can help this build become a dominant two-way player in the game.
To give this build the best chance to excel in the different facets of the game, here are some of the best badges that you can equip:
Best finishing badges to equip
- Posterizer: Increases the chances of throwing down a dunk on your defender.
- Rise Up: Increases the likelihood of dunking the ball when standing in the painted area.
- Fearless Finisher: Strengthens a player’s ability to absorb contact and still finish. Also reduces the amount of energy lost from contact layups.
Best defense and rebounding badges to equip
- Clamps: Defenders have access to quicker cut-off moves.
- Defensive Leader: Lifts the defensive abilities of teammates when on the court.
- Rebound Chaser: Improves a player’s ability to track down rebounds from farther distances than normal.
Best playmaking badges to equip
- Unpluckable: When performing dribble moves, defenders have a tougher time poking the ball free with their steal attempts.
- Glue Hands: Reduces the chances of an errant pass, while improving the ability to both catch tough passes and quickly make the next move.
- Quick First Step: When driving out of a triple threat or after a size-up, ball handlers have access to quicker and more effective launches.
Best shooting badges to equip
- Sniper: Jump shots taken with slightly early or late timing will receive a boost, while very early or late shots will receive a larger penalty.
- Blinders: Jump shots taken with a defender closing out in their peripheral vision will suffer a lower penalty.
Your Best PF build 2k22
The dunking power forward is an excellent offensive finisher with elite dunking ability. If you like to dunk and posterize on your opponents in the paint, this is an excellent build for you.
At the same time, this build has sufficient defensive and rebounding ability to be considered an excellent paint protector in the game.
To make the most of this build, it’s best to pair it with good playmakers willing to create plays and make lob passes. Ideally, it’s also best to surround this build with shooters and strong passers in the backcourt.
If used correctly, this can be a game-breaking power forward to use on an offensively potent team.
Once fully upgraded, this builds best resembles the likes of Zion Williamson and Dennis Rodman who are considered elite players at their position.
Congratulations, you now know the best PF build in 2k22!
Leave a Reply