Found around the midway point of the Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart story, the Glove of Doom becomes the Apocalypse Glove once it’s reached Level 5.
The Glove of Doom is made available by the Vendor, indicated by the map’s green icon, with you needing to use it repeatedly to level it up and buy more upgrades from the Vendor.
Glove of Doom Official Description
“Say hello to your personal Agents of Doom! Just toss out a DoomEgg to release them and they’ll bite the closest enemies they see!”
Apocalypse Glove Official Description
“Releases DoomEggs full of Agents of Doom: little friends that bite the closest enemies they see before self-destructing.”
Glove of Doom Controls
- Half-pull R2 to project the throwing arc.
- Full-pull R2 to throw a DoomEgg.
How to Unlock and Upgrade the Glove of Doom
The Glove of Doom appears in the Vendor’s store as a part of the seventh wave of weapons to become available, alongside the Buzz Blades. To get the Glove of Doom, you’ll need to pay 22,500 bolts.
As you use the Glove of Doom, it’ll start to level-up, which reveals more upgrades. To unlock these upgrades, you’ll need to go to a Vendor, with there being a total of 42 blue cell upgrades to purchase for one Raritanium apiece.
Glove of Doom Parameters
- Power: 2 out of 5
- Range: 2 out of 5
- Speed: 1 out of 5
- Duration: 3 out of 5
Glove of Doom / Apocalypse Glove Upgrades
By reaching Level 5 with the Glove of Doom, which will then become the Apocalypse Glove, you’ll reveal 42 purchasable upgrades. Each blue cell costs one Raritanium to unlock, while the three gold upgrade clusters are unlocked by buying the blue cells surrounding them.
Blue upgrade tiles:
- Agent Speed x13 (increase agent speed)
- Agent Awareness x13 (Agents target enemies from further away)
- Agent Attacks x6 (increases the number of attacks Agents can do before expiring)
- Agent Explosion Damage x5 (increases the radius of explosion after Agents expire)
- Agent Explosion Radius x5 (increase damage of explosions after Agents expire)
Gold upgrade tiles:
- Max Ammo x1 (increases max ammo by 1)
- Additional Agent x4 (an additional Agent comes with each DoomEgg)
- Additional Agent x3 (an additional Agent comes with each DoomEgg)
Level 5 Glove of Doom (Apocalypse Glove)
Using the Glove of Doom enough for it to reach Level 5 will transform it into the Apocalypse Glove, for which you can purchase 42 upgrade cells for 42 Raritanium.
As a 100 per cent completed weapon, the Apocalypse Glove features full bars for each of its key parameters, which are Agent Speed, Agent Explosion Damage, Agent Explosion Radius, Agent Awareness, and Agent Attacks.
The Apocalypse Glove is a support weapon that spawns several Agents of Doom. After hatching from a DoomEgg, they’ll mob all enemies in the area to deal additional damage on top of whatever form of attack you’re using as Ratchet or Rivet.