Shatterbomb / Shatterblast
The Shatterbomb is among the first weapons that you can buy from the Vendor for Ratchet or Rivet. At Level 5, the Shatterbomb can become the Shatterblast.
To get the Shatterbomb, you’ll need to go to any Vendor on any planet, as shown by its green icon on the map. At the Vendor, you can also upgrade the weapon, but need to use it to increase its level.
Shatterbomb Official Description
“Feel the power of the omniverse in the palm of your hand with this explosive ball of energy that’ll tear apart baddies AND reality!”
Shatterblast Official Description
“A grenade that explodes upon impact, and any enemy that gets hit with it has a 10% chance of exploding.”
- Half-pull R2 to show the grenade’s throw arc.
- Full-pull R2 to throw a grenade in the arc shown or in the direction that you’re facing.
How to Unlock and Upgrade the Shatterbomb
In the very early game, the Shatterbomb appears as one of the first two weapons that you can purchase from the Vendor, costing 1,250 bolts.
At this stage, you will already have the Burst Pistol and even the Pixelizer, with your first purchase choice being between this Shatterbomb and The Enforcer.
You will also turn to the Vendor to upgrade the Shatterbomb. It has 39 potential upgrades, each of which costs one Raritanium.
When you buy the Shatterbomb, it will have the following parameters:
- Power: 3 out of 5
- Range: 3 out of 5
- Speed: 1 out of 5
- Area of Effect: 2 out of 5
Shatterbomb / Shatterblast Upgrades
When you’ve reached Level 5 with the weapon, you’ll have a total of 39 paid upgrade cells available, costing one Raritanium apiece. Buying the blue tiles that surround the gold tiles will unlock three different gold upgrades from six tiles.
Blue upgrade tiles:
- Area of Effect x10 (increase area of effect)
- Fire Rate x11 (shots fire at a higher rate)
- Max Ammo x13 (increase max ammo)
- Fast Pitch x5 (Shatterbombs fly through the air much faster)
Gold upgrade tiles:
- Crate Ammo x2 (increase ammo picked up from crates by 2)
- Dense Blast x2 (enemies in the area of effect take maximum damage)
- Secondary Shatter x2 (shards detonate after a moment, dealing secondary damage)
Level 5 Shatterbomb (Shatterblast)
By using the Shatterbomb enough for it to reach Level 5, you’ll gain access to all 39 of its upgrades, and the weapon will become the Shatterblast.
At Level 5 and 100 per cent complete, the Shatterblast boasts maximum bars for Fire Rate, Fast Pitch, Area of Effect, and Max Ammo.
The Shatterblast is a grenade-throwing weapon, which allows you to see the arc of your throw and then chuck explosives towards your enemies. The Shatterbombs have an area of effect, damaging all within the blast radius.