The Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S come with a new set of Xbox controllers and a slightly altered method of binding the controllers to the new consoles.
However, the new Microsoft consoles are also compatible with the old Xbox One controllers, allowing you to sync controllers from the last console generation to the next-gen hardware.
Here’s how to sync an Xbox controller to the Xbox Series X or S:
- Turn on your Xbox Series X or S by pressing the Xbox button on the front face of the console;
- Insert batteries and turn on your Xbox Wireless Controller;
- Click and release the Pair button on the front face of the Xbox Series X or S;
- Pressing the console’s Pair button will make its Xbox button flash.
- Within the next 20 seconds, press and hold the Pair button on the Xbox Wireless Controller until the Xbox button on the controller flashes;
- If the controller and console Xbox buttons stop flashing and stay lit, it means that the two have successfully synced.
Should the Xbox Wireless Controller and your Xbox Series X or S fail to bind with your first attempt, wait for the lights to stop flashing on both devices, and then try again from step one.
To sync an Xbox One controller to an Xbox Series X or S, use the same method as above.
Now that your Xbox controllers are paired with your console, you’re free to game!
Subscribe to our newsletter for all the latest gaming deals and exclusive offers.