There are three bull shark evolution sets in Maneater, with the Bone Set being made up of five Bone evolutions.
The strengths of the Bone Set are in its melee attacks, with the set bonus granting your shark damage reduction.
Complete Bone Set evolution list
To gain access to all of the pieces of the Bone Set in Maneater, you’ll need to take on and defeat several of the game’s Apex predators.
|Icon||Evolution||How to Unlock||Tier 5 Upgrade Cost|
|Bone Teeth||Defeat the Apex Barracuda (Dead Horse Lake)||44,000 Mineral, 525 Mutagen|
|Bone Head||Defeat the Apex Orca (Caviar Key)||44,000 Mineral, 525 Mutagen|
|Bone Body||Defeat the Apex Hammerhead (Sapphire Bay)||44,000 Mineral, 525 Mutagen|
|Bone Fins||Defeat the Apex Mako (Golden Shores)||44,000 Mineral, 525 Mutagen|
|Bone Tail||Defeat the Great White (Prosperity Sands)||44,000 Mineral, 525 Mutagen|
To upgrade the full Bone Set to Tier 5, it’ll cost you 220,000 Mineral and 2,625 Mutagen.
Bone Set bonuses
By equipping more than one Bone evolution to your shark, you’ll benefit from extra damage reduction to the following amounts:
- Two Bone Evolutions: +1 Damage Reduction
- Three Bone Evolutions: +3 Damage Reduction
- Four Bone Evolutions: +6 Damage Reduction
- Five Bone Evolutions: +10 Damage Reduction
As well as the set bonus, you’ll also gain additional perks per Bone evolution on your shark, including:
- Bone Teeth: Additional thrash damage and boat bite damage;
- Bone Head: Additional ramming damage, boat crew knockback resistance, boat crew damage resistance, ram force, and damage resistance;
- Bone Body: Gain access to the Bone Crusher ability;
- Bone Fins: Inflict damage when you perform an evade;
- Bone Tail: Strengthened tailwhip, ramming, splash radius, and additional damage resistance.
The effects and abilities granted by each Bone evolution improve as you upgrade them from Tier 1 to Tier 5.
How to use the Bone Shark
The above image shows the ratings parameters of a Mega bull shark that has all five evolutions within the Bone Set equipped and upgraded to Tier 5.
The Bone Set offers some of the most powerful boosts to your physical attacks. The Bone Fins inflict damage when you evade; the Bone Tail makes your tailwhip much stronger; and the Bone Crusher ability allows you to do tremendous amounts of damage when you lunge.
Just having a few parts of the Bone Set equipped can make your shark much more powerful. If you prefer to battle your foes head-on, lunging in to then bite or tailwhip, the Bone Set is the best evolution line to follow.
While a bone-covered bull shark does lack in speed, its incredible mass, health, and defence bars mean that you become nearly unstoppable when attacking from close range or in the air.
Looking for More Evolution Guides?
Looking for More Maneater Guides?